It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for… the announcement of the 10 teams selected to participate in Point.IoT 2020. From March through to June, applicants could submit their IoT and GNSS solutions to be in the running for one of the 10 spots in our guided development programme.
Selection was tough with so many talented teams looking to solve the challenges of Asset Tracking for Large Scale Infrastructure and Personal Safety in the Workplace. Here are the teams that came out on top:
- Eliko – Revolutionising manufacturing with RTLS
- NetH2O – Connecting the seas
- Ridelink – You’ll never ride alone
- MSDK Research – Bringing high-tech data-science solutions to the market
- Shyn – Revolutionising seamless outdoor-indoor positioning market
- whereAt Industries – Optimising global trade
- LESS Industries – Making things feel, think, and act
- Capte – Ultimate telemetry solutions
- Stargate RTK – Building sustainable GNSS infrastructure and correction services
- Dronetag – Drone flights made safe
To kick off the programme, all 10 teams came together for a virtual bootcamp to launch their 12-week development programme and start their ‘sprint’ toward the finish line.
What does a virtual bootcamp look like? Teams received insights into IoT, Galileo and innovation from Orange Business Services, SpaceTec Partners, Verhaert Masters in Innovation and the European GNSS Agency. They got to know each other with an interactive quiz and virtual round tables – then had several one-on-one expert talks. Best of all, they learnt about trends and innovations directly from #industry in our tech talks by UBISCALE, u-blox, and SAP.
We can’t wait to see the progress our teams make over the next 12 weeks and wish them the best of luck as they reach for the grand prize of €20,000!
Here are a few images from our bootcamp: